Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our New Arrival

We had a new arrival join our family this weekend. Our fish decided to have a baby! We didn't even know she was pregnant, but when we got home there was a little orange dot in our tank. We looked closer and sure enough, there it was! We had to go to Petco and get a separation tank so the other fish don't eat him. He is really cute, but the bad news is that this kind of fish can have up to 60 babies over months!! She can save her eggs and only give birth to anywhere from 1-20 at a time. I don't know what we will do with all the little fish, but we will figure it out! Wish us luck!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new little one :)

Knutti Corner said...

Gee, I didn't even know you were expecting. I never thought I would become grandma to a fish. It's a cute little bugger. What do you get a fish for Christmas? I love the Idaho thing. How could I get a hard copy of that? I LOVE the Christmas music!!!!!!! I'm going downstairs and get mine out right now. Have a good week. Love you guys. Mom

Dannyel Crane said...

Congratulations! Maybe that will keep the mommy bug satisfied for awhile longer. Is your Christmas tree up yet!

Anonymous said...

OK Taryn....how much longer until the Christmas tree gets put up? Tony just walked away shaking his head when I showed him your blog with the Christmas count-down and your Christmas Carols. LOL We have a compromise, I get to put the tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving but it has to come down before January 1st. (You'll have to talk to my dad about the January 1st thing - it's a superstition thing that we just DON'T mess with).

jEnNi said...

A baby fish...how exciting...I wish mine would have babies...but my PetSmart lady told me that mine is a boy so it cant...sad. Good luck with it!! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats! Do we have a boy or a girl cousin?? ;) So funny! Thnak a ton for taking time out of you day to come to the shower. IT was fun to get to see you guys and play games firday night. I miss not seeing you more like we didi thorugh the summer! Love you two! Have a great week!

Sheila said...

Your blog is so cute! I'm so excited you have one :) You look gorgeous in your top picture by the way!

Karter and Melanie said...

hey there! sorry it took so long to write you back! lol. i have major grief with this blog thing. i just barely figured out today that i even had comments on my posts! we are doing well. how are you guys?