Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ice Fishing and Africa Night

This Saturday we got up bright and early and went ice fishing at Makey reservoirs. We had a great time, once we got there. Nate didn't want to come at first, but we made him anyway. We didn't catch anything, but it was a good time, anyway. Then we came home and went to Africa Night at ISU with some of my friends from school. It was so cool! They fed us a dinner from some of the different countries in Africa, and they had a band, a fashion show, and dancing. It was great, and I am definitely going next year!

Getting ready to fish

The die-hards that have shacks, lucky:)
The unhappy camper


Getting ready to fish

Me, looking like a marshmallow,but I was warm
Cam and I

The fashion showThe Dancing

My friend Jennifer's son Kyler

4 comments:

Knutti Corner said...

I'm so sorry I missed Africa Night. It looks so fun. I have already informed Dad that I will be going next year and that it would be a good idea if he came too. Looks like you had a great weekend. The ice fishing looked cold. Grandpa and I went on a twenty below day last year. I cherish all the pictures and all the memories you make and show us on your blog. Love you guys. Have a great week and we'll see you Friday. Love ya Mom

Shea and Sadie Hymas said...

I was just wondering where you guys are living? We are trying to find somewhere cheaper so I was just wondering if you guys knew of any apartments or could give us any ideas! Thank you! Hope you're doing well!!

Kami said...

I've never gone ice fishing. I think it would be cool to experience at least once. I did go winter camping for the first time last year. I would have frozen if it weren't for Tyler. It was pretty fun though. I think I could probably only handle it about once a year though.

Kayla Merritt said...

Sounds like you guys stay real busy!! That's good. Guess ya better start making babies. lol I'm feeling quite a bit better. I don't puke everyday now so things are lookin up. Tell Cam I said hi. Take care!