Sunday, February 1, 2009

REALLY!

I just have to have a quick vent, so bear with me. Who do these sports people think they are? Is football not American, or all sports played in America for that matter? I am so sick of these too good for everyone sports figures disrespecting every hard working, blue-blooded American by not putting their hand on their hart during the National Anthem! Is it that hard, one -year-olds can do it, so I don't think that is it. I just can't understand why they think they don't have to show their national pride, unless they don't have any! It just pisses, excuse the French, me right off. There are to many people who have fought and died to give us the way of life we are used to not to show them the slightest respect by such a small thing as placing their hand on their heart for a few minutes during the National Anthem! I just don't see how no one is doing anything about this! Really, it just makes me sick!

6 comments:

Shea and Sadie Hymas said...

I couldn't agree with you more about that! Shea and I were talking about it during the Super Bowl tonight. We don't know why they don't do it either! It is simple and it does show a lot of respect to other people and to our country. It makes me REALLY upset, too. And I hear the new president isn't going to be much of an example to doing that and I'm really bothered by it all! Anyway, I'm glad you vented about that because we have been doing that today, too! Hope you're doing well! And I think that was really sweet of Cameron to help around the house and take care of you and get your roses! I wonder if Shea would do that same thing?! Hmmm... I hope school stops being so stressful for ya! Take care!

Shea and Sadie

The Bartschi's said...

Oh My GOSH I agree!! My thinking is if you can't put your hand over your heart then move out of the United States. Go to Canada for all I care but really show the U.S and all of the soilders that have been to war some love!!

Tyler Williamson said...

I don't really watch sports, so I wouldn't really know, but I wanted to say that I think it's great Cameron helped you out so much in your week of stress. I had a couple melt downs last week and ended up with a rose and sweet note myself. Aren't husbands the best? Also, nice yellow stove, it looks just like ours! Hope things are calming down for you!

Tyler Williamson said...

P.S. Once again I posted under my husband because I didn't realize he was signed in. This is really Kami.

Knutti Corner said...

I agree with you, showing respect to our Flag and our Country is the least we can do. This lack of respect really worries me; civilizations have fallen over less. Thanks for speaking out Taryn. As always I am proud when you state your opinion. I have been home with a really bad cold. Dad has been taking care of me. I will try and hit the trenches again tomorrow. Cameron, thanks for taking such good care of Tarbear. I love you for that. You don't know how much it comforts me knowing you guys are there for each other. I am so proud of you both. Love you. Mom

Knutti Corner said...

P.S. I am glad the little fishies are doing so well. They sure are cute. I didn't realize fish could have such personality. Mom