Sunday, May 25, 2008

Grandpa Parker


I have never known a stronger man. He was tough as nails, and as stubborn as an ox. He had the memory of an elephant, and was as wise as an owl. He never stopped learning. He, also, was one of the greatest tricksters I have ever known. He loved to teach. He was always teaching me, whether it was the anatomic name for fingers, songs to sing on the four-wheeler, how to correctly peal a potato, to drive a snowmobile, how to track an animal, what kind of rock I found, or how to be the best person I could be. He always tough me to be tolerant, to look into the circumstances before judging the event. He loved almost everyone he came into contact with. Once you came to a family event, you became part of the Parker family, whether you liked it or not. He loved his mountains, and spent all the time he could learning from Mother Nature. He also loved sports, and supported his family in what ever they did, yes, even cheerleading. It was not his favorite, but he came, I think my flying made him nervous. He was a kind, honest, hard working, man, one of the last of his kind. He will be loved and missed by all those who knew him.

3 comments:

Cameron and Taryn said...

I am convinced there will never be another man like Grandpa Parker. He was unbelievable. One of the most hard working men I have ever known. I remember watching Jazz games with him and eating Pistachios. He always knew how to make me laugh.

Dannyel Crane said...

It was Mr. Parker who gave me a love for Physiology which later took me to a career in medicine. He was a great teacher. He will be missed.

Ryan and Melanie and Family said...

He was a great teacher and a great man. He will be missed. Sorry for your loss