Sunday, May 25, 2008

Grandpa Ted





Grandpa Ted was one of the kindest people I have had the pleasure of knowing. He was so kind and loving towards all his grandchildren and every pet he ever had. He loved animals and had many, very many. He was always good to help. He let me use his trailer to camp in every Raspberry Days so I wouldn't have to drive home late at night just to go back to work early in the morning. He also let my cousin Jake use it when he was a hunting guide in Montana. He also had a sense of humor. When he was in the Navy, his ship was on leave in Japan. He, and a bunch of other sailors, bought kimonos. They dressed up like girls. When the ship was leaving, they came on deck and started waving to the Japanese men on the dock. The men, fearing that they were taking their girls, hopped in their boats and started after the ship. They sure got a surprise when they learned that they were chasing after American sailors, not their girls. He loved camping, hunting, family, and friends. I miss him very much.

1 comments:

Cameron and Taryn said...

He too was amazing and special. He was great to talk to and I loved to listen to his stories. He loved animals like noone I have ever known before. He taught me alot in the short time I knew him